I am delighted to have Erica Ziel joining me for Part 2 of our two-part series on pelvic floor and fascial health. Today, we continue discussing how to create space in your body through movement and posture, the importance of your pelvic floor for quality of life and pain reduction, and the role fascia plays in longevity. We also dive deep into her thoughts on stretching and deep breathing.
This is a two-part series, so I advise you to go back and listen to Part 1 first if you have not already done so.
Key factors to address to prevent back pain:
- Postural imbalances
- Pelvic health
- Deep core muscle activation
Listen to the Episode
Erica Ziel’s Bio:
Erica Ziel is an Iowa local and a mom of three.
She received her Health and Human Performance degree from Iowa State University, and she is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition®️ Practitioner, certified personal trainer and Pilates instructor, board-certified holistic health coach, and a deep core and pre/postnatal exercise specialist.
Her mission is to help women live a healthier, active life, free of pain!
For over 20 years, she has been inspiring women to regain hope and experience true, life-lasting results through movement, breathwork, and brain-training!
Erica has been featured in publications such as People, Livestrong, Fit Pregnancy, Oxygen magazine, and the Strength and Conditioning Journal to name a few!
Erica is the founder and creator of: Core Athletica®️, The Core Rehab Program, the Knocked-Up Fitness®️ brand, and Instructor trainer courses.
She is also the host of The Core Connections Podcast. She believes that anything you want to improve about your health and life, you can!
In this episode:
- Does digestion affect your pelvic floor health? (1:09)
- Some of the true causes of back pain (3:50)
- How traditional stretching can keep your body in pain postpartum (8:05)
- How breathing right can reduce back pain (12:00)
- How can a very tight pelvic floor impact your libido? (17:40)
- How exercise during pregnancy prepares your body for birth and recovery postpartum (18:37)
- What should women do, and what should they avoid doing postpartum? (25:15)
Follow Your Longevity Blueprint
Follow Erica Ziel:
Relative Links for This Show: