Carol Lourie joins me today for Part 2 of the two-part series on estrogen dominance and cancer. In Part 1, we discussed estrogen dominance, what you can do about it, what you need to know and do if breast cancer runs in your family, and the first step after receiving a cancer diagnosis. Today, in Part 2, we dive into tamoxifen, aromatase inhibitors, and circulating tumor cell testing, all of which may be new information for you.
Important advice for women starting aromatase inhibitors
- Do not start taking it every day. Build up slowly over several weeks instead.
- Do not suffer in silence!
- Do not accept being made to feel like you are oversensitive or complaining
- Take a drug holiday
- Learn how to manage the symptoms
- After five years, ask for a breast cancer index test
Listen to the Episode
Dr. Carol Lourie’s Bio:
There are many ways to look at breast cancer – the metabolic – taking into consideration the pathways that promote cancer; the environmental – how increased exposure to toxins is becoming a greater influence; the emotional – how trauma, either recent or many years prior, contributes. But simply put, a cancer diagnosis is a very loud message that there is a loss of harmony – usually in more than one area of the woman’s life. So, the task at hand becomes how to restore harmony – physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Carol Lourie is a Naturopath, Acupuncturist, Homeopath, and Holistic Breast Health Expert with more than 35 years of experience understanding complex, chronic diseases. She believes healing is always possible, and her mission is to empower women with the tools they need to deeply recover their health and restore their life.
In this episode:
- What is tamoxifen?(1:42)
- The side-effects of tamoxifen (3:44)
- Supplements specifically for helping women going through radiation (6:00)
- Carol shares nutritional advice for women going through radiation (10:21)
- What are aromatase inhibitors, and how do they work? (12:48)
- The number one side-effect of aromatase inhibitors (13:00)
- What is circulating tumor cell testing? (17:49)
- The important role mindset plays in successful treatment (20:36)
- Ways to overcome emotional stress when recovering from breast cancer (22:22)
Links & Resources
Follow Your Longevity Blueprint
Dr. Carol Lourie’s Social Media Links::
Relative Links for This Show: