Dr. Jill Carnahan joins me today for Part 2 of our gem-packed two-part series. In this episode, she expands on her story and discusses the importance of a flow state and staying curious. We also talk about all things related to biotoxin illness. If you have not yet listened to Part 1, I suggest you go back and listen to it to hear the first part of her story.
How to detoxify your body after mold exposure:
- Increase your glutathione production by taking it, doing liposomal, or with an IV to help your liver dump the toxins into the bile and excrete them
- Use clay, charcoal, chlorella, probiotics like Saccharomyces, or N-acetylcysteine to bind the toxins
- Use prescription binders to assist in getting the toxins out of the body
Listen to the Episode
Dr. Jill Carnahan’s Bio:
Dr. Jill Carnahan is a board-certified Integrative Holistic Medicine specialist known as Your Functional Medicine Expert®️ and often referred to as the “Sherlock Holmes of Medicine,” for solving the case of the most well-known medical mysteries.
Utilizing state-of-the-art lab testing and biochemical analysis, she helps each patient identify the root cause of their illness by identifying nutritional or metabolic imbalances that may be contributing to their symptoms.
Dr. Jill uses nutritional protocols and supplements, lifestyle changes, and medication to increase the patient’s level of function and always seeks the gentlest and least invasive ways to restore health and optimize healing.
She has also sustained a 5+ year waiting list as the Medical Director of Flatiron Functional Medicine, a widely sought-after practice. As a survivor of breast cancer, Crohn’s disease, and toxic mold illness, Dr. Jill brings a unique perspective to treating a variety of complex and chronic illnesses and has traveled the world sharing her knowledge of hope, health, and healing live on stage as well as through newsletters, articles, books, podcasts, and social media. Her memoir, Unexpected, is out now which is the highlight of our interview today.
In this episode:
- Dr. Carnahan shares how she got exposed to mold and how it affected her (1:34)
- Symptoms of mold exposure (3:37)
- How to detoxify yourself after being exposed to mold (5:48)
- The differences between Lyme and mold (8:54)
- The importance of addressing trauma (13:00)
- How to start with addressing trauma (16:17)
- How to deal with stress (17:01)
- Dr. Carnahan explains what a flow state is (19:39)
- Why is it important to be curious? (21:49)
- Lab tests everyone should do before turning thirty (24:01)
Links & Resources
Follow Your Longevity Blueprint
Guest Social Media Links:
• Instagram (@drjillcarnahan)
• Twitter (@DocCarnahan)
Relative Links for This Show: