Andy Pace works with homeowners, builders, and architects across the globe to create safe and healthy living environments for residents. He joins me today for the second part of our series on making homes non-toxic and healthier. We talk about VOCs, basements, and working with contractors. If you have not done so already, I suggest you go back and listen to Part 1 first, where we spoke about what makes a home healthy, safe, and non-toxic and how to reduce mold and off-gassing within your home.
Some interesting facts about VOCs
- Some VOCs are harmful to humans in direct contact or acute situations
- Some VOCs are totally harmless to humans in direct contact or acute situations
- Only a few hundred of the 92,000 chemicals used in building materials and home goods have been classified as VOCs
Listen to the Episode
Andy Pace’s Bio:
Andy Pace is a Healthy Home Concierge with over 30 years of experience in the healthy home building materials industry.
He is the founder of the Green Design Center and host of the Non-Toxic Environments Podcast.
He is an expert at creating healthy homes that are non-toxic and free of off-gassing.
He has a strong focus on mold prevention and remediation, and he works with contractors and home builders around the world to create healthy breathing within the home through proper HVAC systems, humidifiers and other modes of healthy ventilation.
His projects and expertise have been featured in numerous media outlets and industry podcasts, including Men’s Health, Architectural Digest and Wellnessmama, just to name a few.
In this episode:
- What is off-gassing? (42:48)
- What are VOCs in consumer products? (34:29)
- How do VOCs impact your health? (34:32)
- Non-toxic paint and coating options for safer homes (39:49)
- The importance of testing building materials and the built environment for your health and wellness (49:24)
- How functional medicine can help you detoxify your body after exposure to toxic chemicals (50:38)
- Mold illness and how it affects human health (55:08)
- How does mold sensitivity impact your health? (58:28)
Links & Resources
Follow Your Longevity Blueprint
Relative Links for This Show::