Aside from hormones, some of the top questions I receive are regarding supplements. Thomas Pennel joins me today for Part 1 of a four-part series where we dive into many supplements, A through Z. Today, we discuss Adrenal Calm, Adrenal Drive, Herbal Adrenal Complex, Advanced Yeast Complex, aloe, alpha lipoic acid, ashwagandha, betaine, and pepsin. We also get into B vitamins, bone broth, Berberine, choline and calcium, magnesium, and the benefits of amino acid chelated minerals.
The benefits of bone broth:
- It is good to eat when you need to rest your gut because of food sensitivities
- It is full of amino acids, specifically glutamine, the most important non-essential amino acid for healing a leaky gut
- It is easy to take as a supplement
Listen to the Episode
Thomas Pennel’s Bio:
Thomas Pennel is an Account Executive who works in the supplement and nutrition space for Ortho Molecular Products.
After receiving a degree in Integrative Biology from the University of Illinois, a little health scare with his now fiancé gave him his first interaction with functional medicine. Seeing first-hand how functional medicine impacted her life drove him to seek out professional nutrition companies for the opportunity to work with providers and help shape patient care.
He has worked with over 1000 clinics across the Midwest, including a wide array of practitioners, clinics, and pharmacies. He has previously worked with practices across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania and now resides in Iowa, where he currently works with over 400 active practices. He uses his experience to help providers consult and bring functional medicine to their patients with a strong focus on improving clinical outcomes.
In this episode:
- Supplements for adrenal health and stress (4:21)
- Supplements for constipation and gut health, and antioxidants (8:28)
- Supplements for stress, hair loss, and digestion. (13:58)
- The role of B vitamins in digestion and energy production (19:26)
- B vitamins, bone broth, and Berberine (22:24)
- How Berberine benefits cardiovascular health and insulin sensitivity (26:40)
- How phospholipids allow nutrients into the cells and keep toxins out (29:36)
- Supplements for bone health and chronic illness (33:12)
- Why is it important to take mineral supplements in the correct form? (37:22)
Follow Your Longevity Blueprint
Guest Social Media Links:
Thomas Pennel on LinkedIn
Relative links for this show:
Go to my website and use the code thanks 10 for a 10% discount on any supplement mentioned in today’s show