Why do you need omega 3s from fish oil?
Our brain is 60% fat. We need fat for our bodies to function! What makes omega 3s from fish oils so special? They are the essential fats which our bodies need. Fats are also important for the neurological development of babies and children. They are needed for our mental health, cardiovascular health, and can even help with skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Major food sources of omegas include seeds, nuts, and fish. The top source I recommend that my patients consume is fish. Big fish eat smaller fish who eat smaller fish increasing their levels of metals.
When you eat fish, be sure to choose small fish which will be higher in healthy oils and lower in heavy metals like mercury.
The American Heart Association recommends that we eat fish 3x/week. If you don’t live on one of the coasts you don’t always have access to FRESH fish, so it’s often easier to supplement.
Fish oil/Omega 3s inhibit platelet aggregation which means your clotting is delayed…otherwise stated, it thins your blood. Therefore, if you take fish oil alert your medical provider if you also take aspirin, Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDS) or coumadin. Think of fish oil as a natural blood thinner= great for preventing clots/strokes, but it is something you should stop a week prior to surgery.
So, go ahead, get your fish oil out! In this video, I’ll share what you should be looking for in fish oil.
We Dare you to Compare your Fish oil to Ours:
- Check the freshness. What’s the time from sea to shelf with your brand?
- Is it distilled from heavy metals and other contaminants?
- What’s the source? Hopefully Small fish?
- What form is your product? Triglyceride or ethyl ester?
- How potent is your product? Check the EPA/DHA mg dosing.
If you want to learn why you need omega 3s from fish oil, then you do not want to miss this video!
What did you think of this video from Dr. Stephanie Gray?
- Subscribe to the Your Longevity Blueprint YouTube channel for more wellness information
- Comment below and tell me how this has affected you and what questions you may have
- Share this post with your community so they can discover headache prevention tips. To share, please click on the social media sharing buttons below.
- Purchase the supplement(s) mentioned in today’s video: Omega 3s. *Always share with your medical provider what supplements you are taking*